Energize Colleges Is Coming to UCI
The UCI Global Sustainability Resource Center is partnering with Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) to bring the Energize Colleges Climate Corps program to campus. Together with universities across California, SEI designs innovative solutions to address community climate, energy, and resource efficiency goals. Energize Colleges includes opportunities for UCI faculty, staff, students, and community members to get involved to build our campus’ internship program in the areas of campus energy management, energy justice, and clean energy enterprise.
Presently, we are recruiting a post-graduate fellow. The fellow will work with the UCI Office of the Associate Chancellor for Sustainability to build our campus’ Energize Colleges program. This fellowship is an opportunity for a recent graduate to have an impact on campus and community while growing as a professional and developing energy leadership skills. The fellow will gain exposure to a wide range of sustainability professions, professional networks, and professional development activities. The fellowship is a full time, 7-month paid position with a mid-March 2017 start date.
Fellow Activities & Desired Qualifications
Activities: Support student interns, assist faculty members with academic infusion, work to make connections at area high schools, and track projects outcomes. Desired qualifications:
- An educational background in sustainability and/or environmental fields (e.g., degree in policy, planning, management, science, engineering, or humanities). Volunteer, internship, and prior work experience will be considered.
- An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
- Community outreach and communications experience.
- A connection to the area. This fellowship is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region.
- A lived experience in or record of collaboration with historically marginalized communities most adversely affected by climate change.
Are you a current UCI student?
Energize Colleges will soon provide paid internship opportunities for current UCI students in the areas of campus energy management, energy justice, and clean energy enterprise.
Are you a UCI faculty, staff, or community member involved in energy?
In addition to creating student internships, Energize Colleges includes funded opportunities for faculty to pursue curricular innovation in the areas of campus energy management, energy justice, and clean energy enterprise. The program also seeks internship hosts on campus and in the Orange County region.