The Sustainability Initiative fosters dialogue and collaborations between UC Irvine and community groups on emergent environmental and sustainability-related issues, laying the foundation for potential research partnerships and joint sustainability initiatives to emerge. The Sustainability Initiative also assists UC Irvine faculty and students in pursuing community engaged sustainability scholarship through three interconnected strategies:
- providing technical assistance through research expertise,
- opening up space for public discourse, and
- building capacity of relevant community stakeholders to participate meaningfully in public discourse.
Join the OC Climate Exchange Listserv
The OC Climate Exchange list enables information exchange among those with an interest in meeting long term regional needs of climate change and resilience in Orange County. UC Irvine hosts and moderates the listserv as requested by attendees of the Orange County Regional Sea Level Rise and Coastal Impacts Workshop on February 23, 2015.
- Nexus 2014: Global Gathering on Climate, Environmental Health & Justice
- UC Irvine Sustainability Initiative’s Tribal Community Engagement on Environmental Issues
- UC Irvine’s Garden Project
Recent Community Updates
Headwaters to Oceans (H2O) Conference Headwaters to Oceans (H2O) is a 2-day conference to promote integration across disciplines, sectors, organizations, and institutions around common interests related to water, oceans, coastal environments, resilience, and terrestrial [...]
2016 World Indigenous Law Conference Rights, Responsibilities & Resilience October 19-22 • Beckman Center About the Conference The UC Irvine community is invited to register and attend the World Indigenous Law Conference. [...]