Cool Campus Challenge 2.0
This April, pledge to take simple steps at work and at home to lower your energy and water use, reduce waste, live a healthier and ultimately reduce your carbon footprint. Together, our actions can help UC reach its carbon neutrality goals!
Back to Back Champions?
Sign up for the Cool Campus Challenge and help UC Irvine win the crowning title of Coolest UC Campus for a second time! Read about how we won the first challenge in 2015 here.
Pledge. Score. Win.
From April 1-26, you and any team you create (departments, offices, clubs, dorms, etc.) can pledge online at CoolCampusChallenge.org to take sustainability actions that reduce your carbon footprint and earn points for yourself, your team and UC Irvine.
The top UC campus, teams and individuals will win awards and we’ll recognize top UC Irvine point earners with prizes like gift cards, solar-powered phone chargers and reusable lunch kits.
Events & Activities
For the month of April, UCI will be hosting and partnering with many on campus events in celebration of the Cool Campus Challenge. Be sure to check out the events below for free Cool Campus Challenge swag, raffle drawings, and more!
Tuesday, April 2
- Love Your Food, Don’t Waste It // The Anteatery, 11AM – 1PM
- Trivia Night // The Anthill Pub and Grille, 8PM
Thursday, April 4
- Cool Campus Challenge Kick-Off Celebration // Student Center Terrace Stage, 11:30AM – 1:30PM
Tuesday, April 9
- Wiping Out Waste // The Anteatery, 4:30PM – 7PM
Monday, April 15
- Let’s Talk Trash // West Food Court, 11AM – 1:30PM
Monday, April 22
- Cool Campus Challenge Celebration // Student Center Terrace Stage, 11:30AM – 1:30PM
Tuesday, April 23
- Earth Week Fair // Anteater Plaza, 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Connect With Us!
Share what you’re doing on Facebook and Instagram by using #CoolCampusChallenge and tag UCI Global Sustainability Resource Center (@ucigsrc) to be featured online.