UCI CLIMATE Justice Initiative Graduate Fellowships Available
The UC Irvine Climate Justice Initiative (based in the ESS Department) and the Research Justice Shop are recruiting current and incoming UCI Ph.D. students for our 2023-2024 graduate fellowships in climate change, environmental justice, & community-engaged research. Fellows will join the new UC Irvine initiative, which seeks to develop a Cultural, Learning, and Institutional Model to Accelerate Transformations for Environmental Justice (CLIMATE Justice). These fully-funded fellowships are open to current and incoming UCI PhD students in any discipline with research interests in climate change and environmental justice.
The PhD Fellowship will include:
- Cross-disciplinary and justice-centered approaches to addressing climate change impacts, adaptation, and solutions
- Courses and workshops on community-engaged research practices and environmental justice
- Working closely with community partners on co-designed research projects that address environmental justice issues (our partners include Orange County Environmental Justice,Sacred Places Institute for Indigenous Peoples, MPNA Green, and Crystal Cove Conservancy).
- Tailored professional development & career training
- Guidance by a diverse network of mentors
- Becoming part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary community of students, researchers, faculty, and staff dedicated to centering social and environmental justice in climate change research.
The CLIMATE Justice initiative strives to foster an inclusive and collaborative working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences. We strongly encourage applications from members of historically marginalized communities.
There will be a virtual info/Q & A session on Monday, May 8th 2-3 pm PT. Register here.
Applications are due May 31, 2023. Apply here: https://forms.gle/rWLD9DSfDjodnuX5A
Please feel free to reach out to Dr. Kathleen Johnson with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org