Student Job Opportunities in GSRC / Housing Sustainability
The following positions serve in critical roles to support the mission and vision of UCI Student Housing’s Sustainability Program and our partnership with the Global Sustainability Resource Center (GSRC).
- GSRC Office Coordinator (June 2017 –June 2018)
- The GSRC Office Coordinator will manage daily operations of the Global Sustainability Resource Center, administer Center communications, as well as place, train, and oversee GSRC and Student Housing Sustainability Interns.
- EarthReps Coordinator (September 2017—June 2018)
- The EarthReps Coordinator oversees the recruitment, training, and outreach planning of students as Earth Representatives. EarthReps is a student training and community building internship for undergraduate on-campus residents offering education, skills, and hands-on experiences broadly related to sustainability.
- Residence Life Undergraduate Programmer (September 2017—June 2018)
- The Sustainability Undergraduate Residence Life Programmer will manage or provide support to specific projects that serve campus residents, residence life student staff, and residential community representative bodies. The programmer will work to design, promote, implement, and evaluate sustainability initiatives throughout the Housing Department. The Sustainability Programmer will be a representative to the Resident Housing Association (RHA).
Applicants should be passionate about the environment and related social justice issues. They should be self-starters and have an enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge and experience with other students.
See full job descriptions (pdf)
You may apply for all positions in one form. Please note which you are interested in and the order of preference.
How To Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, April 10 at 11:59 a.m.
During the Application process, you will be required to answer some short questions and upload a resume packet and writing sample. There is no “save” feature to the application process, so we recommend you type your answers to these essay questions separately. To assist you with this, we have provided the 250 word essay questions here for you to review and prepare your answers.
- Why are you interested in the position(s) for which you are applying? (Please respond separately for each position you are applying for.)
- How will your skills and experiences enhance efforts of the Global Sustainability Resource Center(GSRC) and/or Housing community as we work toward sustainable culture change on campus?
- How would you go about building cohesion among our student community, gaining support amongst other students, and fostering sustainable behavior change?
- Describe your approach to working as a member of a busy team. Please also describe your experience in working independently with minimal supervision (if any).What are your time commitments for the 2017-2018 academic year?
Please be prepared to submit as one document:
- 1 page Cover Letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position if not covered in the application questions..
- Resume or List of Activities
- At least 2 References (Contact Information only is acceptable)
You will also need to submit a writing or project sample of at least 3-5 pages.
If you are encountering difficulty with the application, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rachel Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-824-5263.