Sustainability Resources for Academics & Research
There are many opportunities for staff and faculty to become involved and stay informed about sustainability-related academic and research efforts. Please browse the links below to learn more.
- If you teach a sustainability-related or –focused course, please be sure your course is included in the materials for students on this website.
- If you are interested in learning more about how to incorporate sustainability concepts into your existing courses or research, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Labs Program
- The UCI Green Labs program works to educate and assist labs in energy efficiency, waste reduction, water conservation, sustainable procurement, green chemistry, and many other sustainability areas. To learn how your lab can be Green Certified, click here.
Task Force on Sustainability Education
- If you are interested in helping to develop UCI’s formal education programs in sustainability, consider serving on the ad hoc task force on sustainability education. Task Force membership evolves as deans and faculty express interest. UCI faculty members interested in being involved in the Task Force are invited to email email@example.com for more information. To learn more, click here.
Sustainability-oriented Seminar Series Offered at UCI
- UCI Student Housing would like to invite you to join their list of potential speakers and excursion. Faculty and staff members are encouraged to share their research, skills, and insights on a variety of sustainability topics. To learn more, click here.
UC President’s Global Climate Leadership Council
- UCI faculty members also engage with sustainability education through the UC President’s Global Climate Leadership Council, which is charged with executing the UC Carbon Neutrality Initiative. Here’s how UCI faculty are shaping these system-wide efforts.